Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Balancing Act


I can find inspiration in just about anything. I am always coming up with ideas and things I'd like to do inside and outside of our house. I could walk you through every single room in the house and tell you something new or different I'd like to do. My problem is that time and money don't always align with my project ideas. I accept that, most of the time. I use the winter to compile ideas and first sign of warm weather, I get started. Pinterest hasn't helped because it has provided inspiration and ideas well out of my realm of creativity and has tripled my "Want To Do" list for this year. I even have a "To Do" list app on my phone to help me organize my ideas by room and I have it at my fingertips when out shopping.

My goal in 2012 is to not have an overabundance of ideas and materials sitting around the house that I just don't get to. I have a dresser, wooden student desk, and some mirrors and frames taking up space because I never completed all of my 2011 projects. I painted the boys' room to decorate it like a big boy room vs a nursery and never did anything else to the room. I refuse to have uncompleted projects. I will find a balance between being a mother and creative soul and I will finish all the awesome projects that I set out to start!

Here's one I finished up at the end of last year before the weather turned cold.

I wanted to change the look of the house with small touches. First thing, paint the door.

I felt red would be dramatic and still go with the brown shutters that I have no intention of painting. I also added some pillows to our chairs to give an additional pop of color. The picture isn't the best and it's still a work in progress. We have a lot of yard work to do to complete the over look. The tree needs to be trimmed back, the flowerbed is going to be tilled and we are going to start fresh this spring. I also painted some flower pots red too but those haven't made their appearance yet. At the bottom, you can see the head of the yard owl I painted red too. I'm excited to get started on it again. Come on Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment